Operation Electronic Leviathan
THIS OPERATION HAS MOVED TO encrypteverything.ca
- 1 What Operation Electronic Leviathan is
- 2 Programs you can use to chat and share files anonymously and privately with encryption
- 3 Guides
- 4 How you can help:
- 5 Ideas for information/imagery
- 6 ☠ See also: Pirate Linux - Your one-stop-shop for privacy and censorship circumvention ☠
- 7 Discussion:
- 8 Gallery - Images that teach about encryption and copyleft:
What Operation Electronic Leviathan is
As a response to warrantless surveillance Bill C-30, Bill C-11, SOPA, and all similar future legislation the Pirate Party of Canada is initiating Operation Electronic Leviathan. This operation aims to use mass education and promotion of encryption, privacy tools, and copyleft licensing as a means of promoting digital sovereignty. This is a free (as in freedom) operation. Copy it, make it your own, and share it with anyone.
By using encryption you can make sure that whatever you have encrypted (e.g. files, chats, etc.) cannot be read by the Harper Government, Facebook, or anyone else.
The concept of Electronic Leviathan was developed on the basis of research into a product of electronic government, ICP-Brasil. During this research the Brazilian government sought to somehow control the use of the internet as a doorway to the sort of anarchy that prevails in the world of international relations. ICP-Brasil and the Electronic Leviathan are good examples of not only the threat the Internet is under from various states, but that the Internet is a digital actualization of complete freedom and is sovereign from governments.
- Use I2P to torrent files, chat on IRC, browse internal websites (Eepsites), or anything else compatible with use inside the I2P network layer (wide compatibility), all anonymously.
- Use Tor to browse the Internet anonymously.
- Use HTTPS Everywhere to encrypt Internet traffic whenever HTTPS is supported (Facebook, Google, Wikipedia, etc.)
- Use GPG to encrypt any text or files, or add an additional layer of encryption to any other tool here.
How you can help:
1. Repost images made as a part of this operation on social media sites you use. Sharing is our most powerful weapon, so spread the word!
2. Create images and information that can be distributed to teach others how to guarantee their privacy and promote digital sovereignty.
Ideas for information/imagery
- Images with install files for I2P and Tor (and other tools) compressed and hidden inside them, providing md5sums.
- Encrypting and decrypting with GPG
- Setting up a VPN connection, using either our VPN or the Swedish PP's iPredator.
- Imagery specifically promoting this operation.
- Imagery promoting Pirate Linux
☠ See also: Pirate Linux - Your one-stop-shop for privacy and censorship circumvention ☠
Pirate Linux is a project started by a few members of the Pirate Party of Canada. The main goals are:
1. Educate the public about Pirate Party issues, and learn from their feedback.
2. Create a unified platform that Pirate Party members can use for further developments as well as communication & meetings.
3. Create a system that Pirate Party members will want to use for themselves.
4. Help people have easy access to a transparent system that allows them to exercise a strong level of free speech and privacy.
5. Give people access to useful open source content such as books, videos, software.
6. Remove peoples’ dependence on copyrighted “content”.
7. Teach people how the technology (used in OS) works.
Gallery - Images that teach about encryption and copyleft: