EB 2012-09-16 transcript

From Pirate Party of Canada
Jump to: navigation, search

NOTE: All Log times are in Canadian Central Time.

18:37 < JohannWeiss> Welp, might as well start.
18:37 < JohannWeiss> I'll call this meeting to order.
18:37 < JohannWeiss> RLim, can you direct us to last weeks minutes?
18:38 < RLim> http://wiki.pirateparty.ca/index.php/EB_2012-09-09_minutes
18:38 < JohannWeiss> Any errors or ommissions?
18:39 < JohannWeiss> I'll take the silence as a no, so the minutes are passed.
18:40 < svulliez> political council, join us in #canada-pc and lets try to make quorum sid patrick
18:40 < JohannWeiss> There is no agenda currently, so I will open the floor to any new business, feel free to speak up
18:40 -!- Wilson [~Wilson@23.17.vlx.orq] has joined #canada-meetings
18:40 < Wilson> yo
18:40 < JohannWeiss> Hey
18:41 < Wilson> (btw chat not showing up on website for me, had to get a client)
18:42 < JMcleod> BTW Johann, dont make plans for October 17th GM, I wont be there, got some pre-natal "classes" at 8pm tnx to my gf 
18:42 < svulliez> Wilson: #canada-pc for political stuff
18:42 < Wilson> oh opps
18:42 < JohannWeiss> Cool. Didn't know you were a prospective father. Congratulations 
18:43 < JMcleod> oh well I thought it was common knowledge
18:43 < JMcleod> but yeah, I am
18:43 < RLim> and we have GM this week
18:44 < JMcleod> Yeah ill be there if all goes as planned
18:45 < JohannWeiss> JMcleod: that summary sounds accurate
18:45 < JohannWeiss> Do we want to present it to the GM this wednesday?
18:45 < JMcleod> I think we have to
18:45 < JMcleod> it was a GM motion
18:46 < RLim> We probably need one for the fund also
18:46 < scshunt> no
18:46 < scshunt> EB and PC
18:47 < JohannWeiss> Motion: Accept JMcleod's summary of EB duties as accurate, which will then be presented to the next GM. 
18:48 < JohannWeiss> Any debate or discussion?
18:48 < JMcleod> I went mainly with memory & also reviewed past minutes
18:48 < JMcleod> I of course agree with me
18:48 < JohannWeiss> :)
18:49 < JMcleod> ok stepping afk for a lil bit now
18:50 < RLim> ok
18:50 < JohannWeiss> Seeing no dispute, it is accepted unanimously 
18:50 < scshunt> Just a note: When I wrote the motion, I think I used the word 'comprehensive'. If I didn't, I wanted that
18:50 < scshunt> :)
18:51 < JohannWeiss> There no motion on the table currently, speak up if you have business
18:51 < JohannWeiss> there's**
18:52 < scshunt> I don't get to have business here :P
18:52 < scshunt> (I don't have any anyway)
18:52 < JohannWeiss> I've been thinking more about the Piratebox Project and what's the best next step. 
18:54 < JohannWeiss> What would you all think of asking for pre-orders on them and ordering a batch once we reach a certain volume (like 10 or 20). This would keep the costs lowest because we can order in bulk and pay for a single shipment.
18:54 < JohannWeiss> It would we a fundraiser, so we'd charge 10 bucks on top of the total cost 
18:55 < JohannWeiss> PC can weigh in on this too, it's a related issue
18:59 -!- svulliez [webchat@184.70.sv.hir] has quit [Quit: Web client closed]
18:59 < Patrick> Sounds like a plan... Also remember that I think anything we charge beyond the parts can be given a receipt for  as a political contribution
19:00 < JohannWeiss> Yes, you're right on that
19:00 < JohannWeiss> Like the VPN
19:00 -!- shawnv [webchat@184.70.sv.hir] has joined #canada-meetings
19:00 < scshunt> Patrick: s/can/must/
19:00 < scshunt> Ooh, actually, I /do/ have a question.
19:00 < scshunt> Am I an agent or not?
19:01 < JohannWeiss> I don't know, JMcleod can answer that when he get's back
19:01 < shawnv> i believe so.
19:01 < shawnv> you werent made an agent because of your standing on the exec explicitly were you?
19:02 < scshunt> ah, there we are
19:02 < scshunt> http://wiki.pirateparty.ca/index.php/EB_2012-03-12_minutes
19:02 < scshunt> Jack messed this up in the EC register
19:02 < scshunt> might want to appoint Johann
19:03 < Patrick> Is it possible to appoint based on a position
19:03 < Patrick> since it'll help in the future
19:04 < JMcleod> Actually there was another time we passed Pres & VP (im back now)
19:04 < scshunt> I don't think so
19:04 < JMcleod> However, all that goes to EC has to go through Shawn
19:04 < scshunt> we gave them spending authority
19:04 < scshunt> but I don't think we actually made them agents
19:04 < scshunt> http://wiki.pirateparty.ca/index.php/EB_2012-03-19_minutes
19:04 < JMcleod> Oh ok
19:05 < JMcleod> Then I move to make Johann Weiss an Agent of the Party 
19:05 < JMcleod> (which to EC he already is)
19:06 < JMcleod> And we'll have to have Shawn send a letter to re-add Sean Hunt
19:06 < JohannWeiss> Any discussion or debate?
19:06 -!- shawn [webchat@184.70.sv.hir] has quit [Ping timeout: 244 seconds]
19:07 < Patrick> I dont think we actually removed Sean so...
19:07 < JMcleod> we didnt
19:07 < JMcleod> were just officially adding Johann
19:07 < Patrick> ok thats good
19:08 < scshunt> JohannWeiss: did you ever reply to that guy asking how he could help?
19:08 < JohannWeiss> Yes
19:08 < scshunt> oh ok
19:08 < scshunt> sweet
19:08 < scshunt> (tip: reply all)
19:08 < JohannWeiss> I also discovered that the volunteer form on our site points no where
19:09 < JohannWeiss> So i've asked IT to redirect it to the exec mailing list
19:09 < scshunt> hahahahaha
19:09 < JohannWeiss> Yup
19:10 < scshunt> btw, anyone interested can see the draft PC report at https://docs.google.com/document/d/19LBKEfvv01qitZPZaGKyat3_xJhB3ZdZMst4gXbSTE4/edit
19:12 < JohannWeiss> I tried taking my Piratebox out into public today, with a large sign informing people of how to connect to it.
19:13 < JohannWeiss> Turns out the lobby outside the library is a no advertising area (unless you've paid them). Was politely asked to leave my security. :)
19:13 < Patrick> Question: we able to assign agent powers to a position rather than a person
19:13 < JohannWeiss> I'm not sure
19:13 < JMcleod> not with EC
19:13 < JMcleod> Ill ask to be sure
19:13 < JMcleod> but i think it reqs a signed form
19:13 < Patrick> because we should probably set it up so President/VP get set up that way by default
19:14 < scshunt> we would need to continually update
19:14 < scshunt> but no reason in principle we couldn't
19:14 < Patrick> we would only need to update on election cycle timelines in theory
19:15 < scshunt> yeah
19:15 < Patrick> We could make it such that it doesnt require a vote in the future just VP/President get assigned automatically if they ask
19:17 < Patrick> I move that we grant the individuals who hold the office of President and Vice President as agents of the party if they ask for it. <- Would this work
19:17 < JMcleod> i like that
19:18 < JMcleod> 2nd!
19:18 < JohannWeiss> Any debate or discussion on the matter?
19:19 < JohannWeiss> Seeing none, the motion is passed
19:19 < Patrick> I think that works out pretty good
19:21 < RLim> we can leave this for last.
19:21 < RLim> http://doodle.com/9weqzp9rezxicwfi
19:22 < RLim> it will be between PC and EB
19:22 < JohannWeiss> afk for 5 minutes
19:25 -!- juzt4me_ [webchat@06-891-311-58.eastlink.ca] has joined #canada-meetings
19:28 < JohannWeiss> and I'm back
19:31 < JMcleod> anything else?
19:31 < JohannWeiss> Not from me
19:31 < JohannWeiss> Feel like adjourning?
19:32 < Patrick> unless you want to get money for teh priatebox project
19:32 < JMcleod> from the calendar
19:32 < JMcleod> we should ask PC but it seems to me we will simply move to 7pm Sundays
19:32 < Patrick> Personally I dont think they'd sit too long before being shipped out... Perhaps set them up so $100 donations gets you a piratebox (sorta like the flags)
19:33 < Patrick> so donate $100 get $50 receipt and a piratebox worth $50
19:34 < JMcleod> Or give a choice
19:34 < JMcleod> flag or piratebox
19:34 < Patrick> yeah though I dont think we got anymore flags but we can make plenty of pirateboxes
19:35 < JMcleod> Well we need to get some flags
19:35 < Patrick> We could get stickers and slap them on the side of the pirateboxes :)
19:36 < JMcleod>     Quorum is no longer necessary for the meeting itself. Voting doesn't take place during the meeting, it happens in a 24 hours period afterwards. 
19:36 < JMcleod>     Any motions must get a number of votes equal to quorum to be passed in that time span. 
19:36 < JMcleod>     The entirety of the meeting must be immediately posted to an area accessible to the members voting on the motions.
19:36 < JMcleod>     Quorum is no longer necessary for the meeting itself. Voting doesn't take place during the meeting, it happens in a 24 hours period afterwards. 
19:36 < JMcleod>     Any motions must get a number of votes equal to quorum to be passed in that time span. 
19:36 < JMcleod>     The entirety of the meeting must be immediately posted to an area accessible to the members voting on the motions.
19:36 < JMcleod> Quorum is no longer necessary for the meeting itself. Voting doesn't take place during the meeting, it happens in a 24 hours period afterwards. 
19:36 < JMcleod>     Any motions must get a number of votes equal to quorum to be passed in that time span. 
19:36 < JMcleod>     The entirety of the meeting must be immediately posted to an area accessible to the members voting on the motions.
19:37 < JMcleod> oops
19:37 < JohannWeiss> ?
19:37 < JMcleod> my thing got broke for a sec and scrolling wasnt working
19:37 < JMcleod> So i was like, hmmm strange, ill try again
19:38 < JMcleod> Anyways, the point of this is are we ready to apply this which was voted on last week
19:39 < JohannWeiss> Can we create a votepage without going through IT ? 
19:39 < RLim> let me see
19:40 < JMcleod> also shawnv : status on membership cards?
19:41 < JohannWeiss> Switching computers, be offline for a sec
19:41 -!- JohannWeiss [~johann@64.180.qg.rwj] has left #canada-meetings []
19:42 < Wilson> *runs across the hall and peeks in the door* Has anything been decided about my access to the party wiki?
19:42 < shawnv> JMcleod: i have the materials, i have begun the process, but its pretty time consuming, i'm going to call in some volunteers this week
19:43 < JMcleod> All PC members should have access no?
19:44 -!- JohannWeiss [~Owner@64.180.qg.rwj] has joined #canada-meetings
19:44 < JohannWeiss> Did I miss anything?
19:44 < JMcleod> WB Johann
19:44 < JMcleod> [20:41:23] JohannWeiss [~johann@64.180.qg.rwj] has left #canada-meetings
19:44 < JMcleod> [20:42:09] <Wilson> *runs across the hall and peeks in the door* Has anything been decided about my access to the party wiki?
19:44 < JMcleod> [20:42:41] <shawnv> JMcleod: i have the materials, i have begun the process, but its pretty time consuming, i'm going to call in some volunteers this week
19:44 < JMcleod> [20:43:52] <JMcleod> All PC members should have access no?
19:44 < JohannWeiss> shawnv: I can probably help
19:45 < Wilson> if we do, is it just our forum login or is a seperate account made?
19:45 < JMcleod> We would need jake daynes here to know for sure Wilson
19:45 < Wilson> ah k *runs back across the hall*
19:46 < JMcleod> Cant you open to tabs at once and see both roomsÉ
19:50 < JMcleod> RLim any luck yet
19:50 < JMcleod> ?
19:52 < RLim> I am trying to see if I could just use the forum and do a poll
19:58 < RLim> We could just use forum in the interim\
19:59 < JMcleod> as in vote with replies to a post?
19:59 < RLim> whatever username voted for what we can count that as their vote
19:59 < RLim> yeah
19:59 < JMcleod> well it could be done that way I suppose
20:00 < RLim> so we don't have to wait until we have an actual system
20:00 < Patrick> What you want a setup like the old forum where people give a vote up or down?
20:00 < RLim> specific to a post only
20:01 < Patrick> seems doable
20:01 < RLim> and if EB thread is restricted to EB members then we don't have to worry about trolls
20:01 < Patrick> Personally I'd like to clean up and start with a fresh board entirely
20:03 < JMcleod> Well our forums need to be improved
20:04 < RLim> I sould like a broken record but I'll suggest it again. Vanilla Forum :P
20:05 < RLim> People I showed it to says it is cleaner
20:05 < RLim> *sound
20:05 < RLim> I hope there's no major bug in Vanilla Forum that I don't know about since I keep pushing it. lol
20:06 < JMcleod> lol
20:06 < JMcleod> I would favor a 4chan like board
20:06 < RLim> we could just point to our old forum as the archive forum
20:06 < JMcleod> But text only
20:07 < JMcleod> But anyways, on topic, how will we vote these?
20:07 -!- juzt4me_ [webchat@06-891-311-58.eastlink.ca] has quit [Quit: Web client closed]
20:08 < RLim> I'd say on here for now. 
20:08 < RLim> https://www.pirateparty.ca/forums/executive-board-extra-meeting-discussions
20:08 -!- shawnv [webchat@184.70.sv.hir] has quit [Ping timeout: 244 seconds]
20:09 < JMcleod> Thatd work
20:09 < RLim> need to confirm only EB members have access. And we should sent out an e-mail notice to all members pointing to the forum
20:09 < RLim> right after the meeting
20:09 < JMcleod> for that we need someone to get a hold of Jake
20:12 < RLim> let me check if I have access
20:16 < Patrick> ok I'm guessing the meetings are over then
20:17 < RLim> do we want to decide on meeting times
20:17 < RLim> or change it ?
20:17 < Patrick> did the thing come up with any better times
20:18 < RLim> does not seem, like it
20:18 < RLim> *seem
20:18 < JohannWeiss> Yeah, Sunday still looks best
20:18 < JMcleod> Patrick is only one whom sundays dont seem to work out for :(
20:21 < JMcleod> Alright so, discuss piratebox next week and adjourn this for tonight?
20:22 < JohannWeiss> Motion to adjourn
20:22 < JohannWeiss> all in favor?
20:22 -!- Patrick [webchat@184.151.rmm.lk] has quit [Ping timeout: 244 seconds]
20:22 < JMcleod> aye
20:22 < JohannWeiss> aye
20:22 < RLim> aye
20:23 < JMcleod> simple fact: we wont have time to set up piratebox with 100$ donation anyways
20:24 < JMcleod> alright well see you all Wednesday at the GM
20:24 < JohannWeiss> Meeting adjourned

View minutes.